Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Day I'll Never Forget-Good Night Moon for Homework

The other day our son came home with one of those "required reading books" they have for kindergarten students. Kindergarten students! I know! I really don't think I was reading in Kindergarten, but wow, we "grow 'em smart" around here or maybe our kids actually ARE smarter than we were! Lol...

We're thrilled, for our son shares our passion for reading and words in general. He has an AWESOME vocabulary! He sits in his room writing song lyrics-JUST for FUN!

The apple really didn't fall far from the tree in our case, at our house anyway. Our little guy is a reader! I love it! Well, the other day, he stopped my husband and I in our tracks (wow, another cliche-I'm on a roll this morning...and yet another...). Hey, this is a "blog" whatta ya want, eh? Lol...

Well, anywho, when Lil. B. pulled out "Goodnight Moon" it was on, and over, and well, wow...

Our BABY, our six-year-old, all "growin' up," read "Goodnight Moon" to his father! To tell you the truth, I couldn't handle it, and didn't...I would have BALLED! But I did and still do cherish the look on my husband's face when our kiddo pulled that title out of the ol' Star Wars Clone Wars bookbag. Man, oh, man...Too much to bear...

My baby boy read "Goodnight Moon"...to his handsome, sweet, Daddy.

My kid used to EAT this book. Seriously, teeth marks prove it...

Where does the time go? When will we be reading the same title to a new one? (We're trying for another one...).

How did the time between "Moon, Moon, Moon" (L. Berkner and Friends and Raymond's first "song" that he ever sang), "Goodnight Moon" (with Mom and Dad), and a required reading Kindergarten book ever pass THIS QUICKLY!???

Being a parent is a privilege and bitter, bitter, BITTERsweet...

Enjoy your own little songs, your own little guy or gal, and your own "Goodnight Moon" story. We all have one...Why not think about yours and even share it with folks today? We're not all that different from each other ya know...

Embrace these times, for you truly "never get 'em back."

Happy Day! And tonight, "Good Night Moon" to you too!

Blessings,
The Burroughs Bunch,
all "growin' up" and all that good stuff...

No comments: